Pipkin

Pipkin
Juan Fernando, Juan Franco, Danny Loza

Sunday, February 19, 2012

January 22th Meeting by Juan Franco

  • The meeting of January 27th was perhaps one of the most insightful and powerful experiences I’ve ever had, not only did I learn a lot about myself, but also about those who live in my same environment (Summit Park). I connected too many people while we were doing the “step to this side of the room if…” exercise through common experiences or ways of thinking, but I also realized how diverse our group is. Most Drury students cite Summit as the place where the best students are, but I learned that night that we could all be the best students in hundreds of different ways. It takes a lot of courage to undertake projects like we all did, and even more to discuss them with our class and teacher. What I take from that night was that I should never be quick to judge. Most people in Summit I thought I had figured out, but after that eye opening experience I can humbly say that I was wrong and that I want to get to know a lot of them better. “Excellent teaching and learning for all” is the motto of Pipkin Middle School and I can say that I couldn’t be more proud of working with an institution that promotes learning for everyone no matter what education level you may have. Although our project is limited to only Summit, I know the school hosts a Reading Club and I’m almost positive that they take on volunteers.
    Community website link-https://sites.google.com/a/pipkinpirates.org/pipkin/
  • sites.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment