Pipkin

Pipkin
Juan Fernando, Juan Franco, Danny Loza

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Communication as an essential tool of society (Juan Franco)

The Summit Class we had with Ed was perhaps one of the most insightful evenings I had in a long time. For me the "What bothers Me" page was extremely vital because it really gave me a look into what really bothered my roommates. I was under the impression that I did nothing to bother them, but indirectly I was with some of the things I said and my attitude towards problem solving. I normally take on a very strong approach towards everything, I often take a leadership position even though it is not handed to me and this can be intimidating for some people. I learned from Ed that communication can be both physical and verbal, something I normally don't think about just concluding that everything is verbal; but physical in some cases is even more important. Crossed arms are an indication of denial or rejection, even when you are not wanting to give that impression or communicate that feeling. Overall this experience provided me with essential insight on who I was and what I was perceived like in the community

No comments:

Post a Comment